I agree and undertake that I shall be bound by and comply with the terms and conditions for entry to the “e.tv Locked In Competition” (“the Competition”). That in the event that I fail to comply with the terms and conditions of entry for any reason that my entry shall not be eligible and shall be disqualified from the Competition.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. In order to be able to enter the Competition and to be eligible to comply with the terms and conditions of entry, it is a condition that the person must be a South African citizen and be over the age of 18 (eighteen) years old. All winners shall be required to send a copy of their identity document as proof that they are 18 (eighteen) years of age and/or older.
2. Any person who is an employee of any of the following companies: e.tv (Pty) Ltd; eSat tv (Pty) Ltd; All Telecoms (Pty) Ltd and/or any other agent, promoter and/or other person connected with the Competition and/or a member of their family shall not be allowed to enter the Competition and shall be ineligible to participate. If any such person should enter then they will be automatically disqualified.
3. e.tv is entitled at its sole discretion to declare if an entry is invalid and disqualified, whether or not the entry mechanic is correct. In such an event, e.tv shall not be obliged to inform or give a reason to the entrant.
4. All decisions of e.tv shall be final and e.tv shall not enter into any correspondence, dialogue and/or otherwise with any person regarding any aspect of the Competition.
5. All entries must be original, and not abusive, defamatory, offensive, derogatory, degrading and/or otherwise not acceptable due to the nature of the material submitted.
6. e.tv may at its sole discretion decide that any entry is not eligible due to the nature of the content of the entry and may disqualify a person from the Competition.
7. The Competition rules shall be made available to the National Consumer Commission and to any participant on request and without costs.
Prize(s) and Duration of Competition
Duration: From 23 April 2018 to 1 June 2018
8. The prize(s) shall consist of:
6 various cash amounts ranging from R2500 to R20 000 to be given away every weekday between 6PM and 10PM for the duration of 6 weeks.
9. All entries received and/or made after that time shall not be eligible to be entered into the Competition and shall be disqualified. There may be a charge incurred even though the entry is not accepted as valid.
Method of Entry
10. Enter via SMS at a cost of R1.50. Entrants to watch any show between 6pm and 10pm every weekday, except for eNews at 8PM, where they will see a specific SMS code for a specific winning cash amount via means of an on-air squeezeback or on-air lower third strap. The SMS code is only valid for the duration of the specific show it was broadcast
11. Winning entries will be independently and randomly selected by a third party vendor sourced by All Telecoms.
12. Winners will receive their cash prize via an e-wallet system.
13. The decision of e.tv as to the winners of the Competition shall be final.
14. No entrant can be awarded more than one prize per Competition.
15. The winners will be notified by SMS within the timescale specified below unless e.tv decides at its sole discretion that the timescale for notification needs to be extended for any reason.
16. Any prize has to be accepted and taken by the person who is awarded the prize before 1 July 2018. After that date, no prize shall be available to that person and at e.tv’s sole discretion, another eligible person may be selected for the prize.
17. The prize can only be awarded and/or taken by the person whose name is provided at the time of entry to the Competition. The prize is not transferable nor is e.tv obliged to exchange and/or transfer any prize to another person. The prize shall only be awarded to persons 18 (eighteen) years of age and/or older.
18. The list of winners will be available on a daily basis on the e.tv website and social media channels from 24 April 2018 until 4 June 2018.
Changes to Terms and Conditions of Entry and Prizes
19. e.tv reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw and/or substitute any prize at any time for any reason. e.tv may replace and/or substitute any prize with any products, goods, services and/or cash which it decides is appropriate in the circumstances.
20. e.tv may at any time decide to change, cancel, amend, vary, delete, add to and/or otherwise alter the terms and conditions of entry, the prizes and/or any other part of the Competition. e.tv shall not be required to send a separate notification to each person who has and/or may enter the Competition. It shall be sufficient that details shall be available on e.tv’s website which is www.etv.co.za.
Force Majeure and Law
21. Where for any reason beyond the reasonable control of e.tv, the Competition cannot be carried out and/or completed as planned and/or advertised, then e.tv reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time and in such event shall not be liable to any person for any reason who may have entered the Competition.
22. The terms and conditions of this Competition shall be subject to the Laws of the Republic of South Africa.
23. All entrants shall have their name displayed on the e.tv website (www.etv.co.za) as well as broadcast on e.tv and its social media channels.
24. All entrants agree to all publicity and marketing for the purpose of and duration of the Competition.
Contact Details of Company
25. The contact details of e.tv are 4 Albury Road, Dunkeld West, Johannesburg for the attention of Lynn Adams (011) 537 9446