Work for us
e.Sat TV (Pty) Ltd - Johannesburg
Reporting to the Head of Department: Assignments, your Key Performance Areas include:
• Draw up and manage the weekend diary and daily dairies when required in conjunction with the National Assignments Editor and Head of Assignments.
• Assign stories to reporters employed at eNCA.
• Manage assignments and reporters during the day.
• Where necessary, chair the 08h30 daily editorial conference with the News Management team, and other editorial meetings with the broader newsroom.
• Plan and deploy resources for breaking news.
• Monitor newswires, all newspapers and social media for leads.
• Liaise closely with the News Editors on duty regarding the diary, changes to stories and updates to stories.
• Plan ahead to ensure the best possible news coverage over weekends.
• Attend editorial meetings throughout the day.
• Degree / Diploma in Journalism
• Managerial experience (advantageous)
• 8 years Broadcasting experience
Competency, Skills and Knowledge:
• Demonstrated general knowledge, thorough understanding of South African politics and players involved as well as international current affairs.
• Working knowledge of quality of visuals and scripts.
• A developed culture of reading and news sense.
• Ability to develop story ideas.
• Team orientated and encompass the ability to build solid working relationships.
• Able to adhere to strict deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and take initiative.
• Excellent command of the English language
• Excellent probing and presentation skills.
• Ability to identify reliable sources and network.
If you meet the minimum requirements, we look forward to hearing from you. Kindly submit the following to [email protected] :
• Your CV
• A certified copy of your ID
• A certified copy of your Qualifications
• Completed Application Form
If you have not received a response within 14 days after the closing date of the advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. CLOSING DATE
16 FEB 2018