Taken: 5 Things you didn’t know about the hit Liam Neeson movie
We’re bringing you the classic 2008 crime-thriller Taken this Sunday, 20 August at 8PM.
Who can forget how retired CIA operative, Bryan Mills, played by Liam Neeson, hunts down the men who kidnapped his daughter, Kim?
And how he famously says: “I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you."
Remember we’ll be screening Taken 2 next Sunday, 27 August at 8PM.
Here are 5 facts you didn’t know about the two movies:
1. Liam Neeson didn’t think that the first installment would be a success, but he signed on in order to spend four months in Paris and to learn karate.
2. The first film was so popular that two more installments were created Taken 2, which was released in 2012, and Taken 3 in 2015.
3. He received weapon training from a former air service soldier to perfect his knife-wielding skills.
4. Liam also performed most of his own stunts.
5. Bryan Mills killed 35 people in the first movie in order to save his daughter. In the second installment, 30 people died.
So make sure to set your reminders and book your seat in front of the TV as you do not want to miss Taken this Sunday at 8PM.