I agree and undertake that I shall be bound by and comply with the terms and conditions for entry to the Sunrise White Star Competition (“the Competition”). That in the event that I fail to comply with the terms and conditions of entry for any reason that my entry shall not be eligible and shall be disqualified from the Competition.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. In order to be able to enter the Competition and to be eligible to comply with the terms and conditions of entry. It is a condition that the person must be a resident of the Republic of South Africa.
2. Any person who is an employee of any of the following companies e.tv (Pty) Ltd, eSat TV (Pty) Ltd, Pioneer Foods – White Star (Pty) Ltd and/or any other agent, promoter and/or other person connected with the Competition and/or a member of their family shall not be allowed to enter the Competition and shall be ineligible to participate. If any such person should enter then they will be automatically disqualified.
3. e.tv shall be entitled at its sole discretion to declare that any entry is not to be entered for the Competition and is disqualified (whether or not the answer is correct.) In such event e.tv shall not be obliged to the person who has entered of their disqualification nor shall it be obliged to provide a reason for its decision.
4. All decisions of e.tv shall be final and e.tv shall not enter into any correspondence, dialogue and/or otherwise with any person regarding any aspect of the Competition.
5. All entries must be original, and not abusive, defamatory, offensive, derogatory, degrading and/or otherwise not acceptable due to the nature of the material submitted.
6. e.tv may at its sole discretion decide that any entry is not eligible due to the nature of the content of the entry and may disqualify a person from the Competition.
Prize(s) and Duration of Competition
7. The prize(s) shall consist of:
Commencing 13 February 2017 – 28 April 2017, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning during the broadcast of Sunrise between 05h30 – 08h30:
1 x R1000 (one thousand Rand) White Star Product Voucher per day of competition
8. The prize(s) shall not be redeemable for cash. All vouchers are valid for a period of 12 (twelve) months and can be redeemed at any of the below mentioned major retail outlets:
· Pick n Pay
· Selected Spar
9. The Competition starts on 13 February 2017 and ends on 28 April 2017. All entries must be received by 08h30 on 28 April 2017. All entries received and/or made after that time shall not be eligible to be entered into the Competition and shall be disqualified. There may be a charge incurred even though the entry is not accepted as valid.
Cost and Method of Entry
10. SMS cost R1.50 (one Rand fifty cents) each. Only the following methods of entry to the Competition shall be accepted by e.tv:
Mobiles and Text Message/s
11. By text message in English to 33031 (three three zero three one) answering the question appearing every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning between 13 February 2017 – 28 April 2017 during the broadcast of “Sunrise” between 05h30 – 08h30. All entries must be completed by 08h30 on each morning of the competition and by 08h30 on the morning of Friday 28 April 2017.
12. Any persons who enter by text must have the permission of the person in whose name the mobile is held and/or who pays the bill. All entries by text before the deadline will receive a text confirming their entry.
13. No responsibility can be accepted by e.tv for any entries which are lost, incomplete, are delayed beyond the deadlines, fail to arrive, are illegible, are not transmitted, do not arrive and/or for any reason are not received by deadline and/or eligible. Proof of sending is not accepted as proof of delivery.
14. No responsibility can be accepted for the cost and/or charges incurred in respect for any entries. e.tv shall not be liable for any person who may enter the Competition and each person enters at their own risk and cost.
15. The prize/s will be awarded to the person that correctly answers the question first. The winning entries will be selected by Moonrock CC from the first entrant who has provided the correct answer.
16. Independent supervision of all valid entries received shall be made by MP Tax (Pty) Ltd.
17. The decision of Moonrock Media CC as to the winners of the Competition shall be final.
18. No entrant can be awarded more than one prize per competition.
19. The winners will be notified by telephone call within the timescale specified below unless e.tv decides at its sole discretion that the timescale for notification needs to be extended for any reason.
20. Any prize has to be accepted and taken by the person who is awarded the prize before 31 May 2017.
21. After that date, no prize shall be available to that person and at e.tv’s sole discretion another eligible person may be selected for the prize.
22. The prize can only be awarded and/or taken by the person whose name is provided at the time of entry to the Competition. There is no cash available as an alternative to any prize, nor is e.tv obliged to exchange and/or transfer any prize to another person.
23. The list of winners is available on e.tv’s website until 30 April 2017.
Changes to Terms and Conditions of Entry and Prizes
24. e.tv reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw and/or substitute any prize at anytime for any reason. e.tv may replace and/or substitute any prize with any products, goods, services and/or cash which it decides is appropriate in the circumstances.
25. e.tv may at any time decide to change, cancel, amend, vary, delete, add to and/or otherwise alter the terms and conditions of entry, the prizes and/or any other part of the Competition. e.tv shall not be required to send separate notification to each person who has and/or may enter the Competition. It shall be sufficient that details shall be available on the e.tv website at www.etv.co.za
29. The personael which have been submitted for the Competition will be held by e.tv. This information will only be shared with third parties involved in the Competition for the administration of the Competition and/or the supply and delivery of prize/s.
Force Majeure and Law
36. Where for any reason beyond the reasonable control of e.tv the Competition cannot be carried out and/or completed as planned and/or advertised. Then e.tv reserve the right to cancel the Competition at anytime and in such event shall not be liable to any person for any reason who may have entered the Competition.
37. The terms and conditions of this Competition shall be subject to the Republic of South Africa.
38. All entrants shall have their name announced on the e.tv website.
Contact Details of Company
40. The contract details of the Competition are Mokgadi Whitehead at (011) 759 6572.