Duty Editor - e.sat tv (Pty) Ltd, Johannesburg
Job Title: Duty Editor
Reports to: Director of News
Job Purpose: Overall daily management of the eNCA news operation and responsible for editorial content, quality and accuracy.
- Managing the daily flow of news
- Assisting in setting the daily news diary.
- Updating the Output Desk after editorial meetings.
- Being a regular link between Assignments and Output Desk
- Monitoring outside field broadcasts
- Managing the process editorially and on air when news breaks.
- Constantly monitoring the on air product
- Update and managing story branding
- Commissioning and monitoring video wall plasmas and usage
- Commissioning programming stings
- Creating & managing SOP’s and workflows for output desk, production
- Quality control of news packages and video lines
- Monitoring and pushing external content providers content onto output desk.
- Monitoring embargoes, live feeds, and use of live content.
- Monitoring the Opposition
Key Performance Indicators
Performance will only be satisfactory when:
- The audience share of the channel exceeds a set target
- When new processes are deemed functionally operational
- That content being produced is in line with the editorial positioning of the station
- When the on-air error ratio is deemed to be of an acceptable level for a 24 hour news channel
- When the content is judged to be creative and markedly different from the opposition.
Languages: Business English
Experience: Minimum 10 years Journalism experience
Specific Professional Competencies:
- Exemplary writing skills and high degree of creativity
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- To work long and irregular hours and weekends
- Deep understanding of the local and international news environment
- Understanding the technical requirements of television and getting a story to air.
DEADLINE DATE: 26 NOVEMBER 2019