Finance Manager - e.tv (Pty) Ltd, Johannesburg
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to (Function): Group Finance Manager
Job Purpose :
To ensure the financial operations of the entity operate efficiently and to ensure a sound control environment exists within the group. Also to ensure prudent financial management of the entity’s financial and other resources.
Major Accountabilities (Describe the main results of the job to be achieved )
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Ensure that the financial processes in place are adequate and well maintained throughout the eMedia group of companies.
- Ensure that the internal controls are well managed throughout the e-Media group of companies. This includes continuous review of controls and the improvement thereof.
- Preparation of quarterly financial reports encompassing financial results as well as commentary on the results, for presentation to the board of directors.
- Assist the Group Finance Manager and Group CFO with any ad hoc reports and functions, including monthly analysis of various key business units’ results.
- Daily consultation with business stakeholders.
- Business Planning, Capex & Budgeting
- Co-ordinate the full financial function of the e-family group of companies and management of all staff falling under the finance department (15 employees). The entities are eSat (Pty) Ltd, Platco Digital (Pty) Ltd, Open News (Pty Ltd, eMedia Content, YFM (Pty) Ltd and Sabido Properties (Pty) Ltd.
- Review and authorisation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all entities listed above.
- Prepare monthly Finance Reports including departmental variance analysis versus budgets for review by executives.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for presentation to the Group CFO and Board of Directors. These are reviewed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Preparation of business plans for new ventures entered into by the group, in conjunction with the various business stakeholders concerned.
- Plan, execute and manage the yearend audit for the e-Media group of companies, as well as the internal audit of those companies.
- Review and authorisation of monthly payments for supplier invoices.
- Review and Implementation of the new broadcasting management systems for the entity.
- Training & Development
- Assist the financial accountants within the e-Media group of companies with any queries.
- Ensure all staff are trained on latest versions of accounting software packages.
Key Performance Indicators (Indicate how performance will be measured: indicators, activities…)
Performance will only be satisfactory when:
- All month-end, mid-month and other deadlines are met on time and without error.
- No financial losses due to errors or mismanagement of company resources.
- Successful completion of the annual audit without significant issues and within deadline.
- Compliance with internal audit when they occur with no significant issues arising.
Job Dimensions (Indicate key facts and figures)
Number of Employees: Direct: 15
Education: Relevant Financial Qualification
Qualified Chartered Accountant (South Africa)
Languages: Business English
Experience: Minimum 5 years relevant experience
Specific Professional Competencies:
Indicate any other soft/technical/professional knowledge and skills requirements
- Completed 3 years articles at medium to large audit firm
- Knowledge of financial accounting systems (Syspro advantageous)
- Highly proficient use of all Microsoft Office Software especially Excel.