Multimedia Design Specialist - Johannesburg e.tv
Company: e.tv (Pty) Ltd
Job Title: Multimedia Design Specialist
Department: Group Marketing Services
Reports to (Function): Group Head: Marketing & Communications Services
Job Purpose :
The incumbent would be required to build on their skills and abilities by combining graphic design with animation to communication elements and presentations in line with the set business and marketing strategies, using software programmes to create graphics and animations across different integrated platforms.
- Managing multiple video/photographic/multimedia projects.
- Meeting and liaising with various marketing teams to discuss briefs, requirements and project progress
- Making technical recommendations
- Creating multimedia designs in liaison with animators, programmers, writers, video producers, sound engineers and artists
- Developing and using skills and expertise in appropriate design packages such as Photoshop, In Design and After Effects.
- Keeping up-to-date with technological and software developments
- Testing products for errors and making amendments.
Key Performance Indicators
Performance will only be satisfactory when:
- The set integrated workflow in collaboration with the Group Head: Marketing & Communications Services is met and contributes to the overall group performance.
- All developed integrated marketing communications strategies requiring multimedia design expertise are implemented.
- All key internal and external relationships were properly managed and maximized.
- Clear demonstration of the ROI on all campaigns that required multimedia design disciplines and initiatives.
Ideal Background (State the minimum and desirable education and experience level)
Education: National Diploma or Degree in multimedia design
Languages: Business English and an understanding of at least 1 official South African language
Minimum 3 years relevant experience with a strong understanding of the news markets and publications
Specific Professional Competencies:
Indicate any other soft/technical/professional knowledge and skills requirements
- Proven experience as a multimedia designer.
- Experience in managing multimedia design projects (online, broadcast and print).
- Proficient in the usage of multimedia design software.
- Strong communication ability (oral and written).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude.
- Able to think ‘outside the box’.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure is a must.
- Highly adaptable to change.
- Strong creative vision which is aligned to group and brand vision
- InDesign, After Effects and Dreamweaver competent
- Show attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills
- Experience in designing web banners, creating animated gifs and videos, and video editing
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of campaign development, social media, online advertising and website design.
- Basic knowledge of digital and social media marketing
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised