STAND A CHANCE TO WIN A GUEST APPEARANCE ON THE HOTTEST CLUB ON ETV SCANDAL.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- I agree and undertake that I shall be bound by and comply with the terms and conditions for entry to the “WIN A GUEST APPEARANCE ON ETV SCANDAL” Competition (“the Competition”) and that in the event that I fail to comply with the terms and conditions of entry for any reason that my entry shall not be eligible and shall be disqualified from the Competition.
- The Competition will run from Wednesday the 8th of December and ends on Monday the 3rd of January 2022 at 23:59 (CAT) (“the Competition Period”). In order to be able to enter the Competition and to be eligible to comply with the terms and conditions of entry. It is a condition that the person must be a resident of the Republic of South Africa and Eighteen/18 years of age or older.
- The promoter of the Competition is ETV (4 Albury Rd Dunkeld West) and Ochre Media (16 Empire Road Parktown, Johannesburg. Any person who is an employee of ETV or Ochre Media, or their affiliated companies, and/or any other agent, promoter and/or other person connected with the Competition and/or a member of their family shall not be allowed to enter the Competition and shall be ineligible to participate. If any such person should enter then they will be automatically disqualified.
- Ochre/ETV shall be entitled at its sole discretion to declare that any entry is not to be entered for the Competition and is in such event Ochre/ETV shall not be obliged to the person who has entered of their disqualification nor shall it be obliged to provide a reason for its decision. If the Promoter suspects unfair / automatic entry practices (use of bots, custom code or any other automatic entry) the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any or all entries suspected to be recorded through such methods.
- All decisions of Ochre/ETV shall be final and Ochre/ETV shall not enter into any correspondence, dialogue and/or otherwise with any person regarding any aspect of the Competition.
- All entries must be original, and not abusive, defamatory, offensive, derogatory, degrading and/or otherwise not acceptable due to the nature of the material submitted. Ochre/ETV may at its sole discretion decide that any entry is not eligible due to the nature of the content of the entry and may disqualify a person from the Competition.
- The Competition rules may be amended, by Ochre/ETV at any time during the Competition. Ochre/ETV reserves its right to alter, amend, substitute or cancel this Competition (including, but not limited to, value and/or prize) in its entirety. In the event of an amendment, alteration and/or cancellation, Ochre/ETV will not compensate any individual for any reason whatsoever. Any notifications of this nature will be communicated on the etv/scandal social media pages.
- The Prize shall consist of a guest appearance as an extra on ETV Scandal which will be made up of a one day unscripted shoot in a selected Scandal set. The winner will come on set and perform his/her task according to the specified support role.
- If the winner is from Johannesburg, Ochre/ETV will pay for Transport to and from the production.
- If the winner lives outside of Johannesburg Ochre/ETV will pay for flights to and from Johannesburg, including one night accommodation.
How to enter:
- Entry is open to on the following social media platforms: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook & Tik Tok.
- There is no entry cost, all costs incurred by you to enter are your personal responsibility.
- To enter the Competition , you must do the following steps:
- During the Competition Period, post a video of yourself creating content of your choice on Facebook, twitter, Instagram or TikTok
- Use the hashtag #Sisescandal in your caption
- Tag @etvscandal (on Twitter, Facebook & Tik Tok) or @officialetvscandal on Instagram.
- By participating in the Competition, you are confirming your acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
- All entries must be completed within the Competition Period.
- Once an entry is made in line with the above steps, participants can deem entry as valid.
- No responsibility can be accepted by Ochre/ETV for any entries which are incomplete, are delayed beyond the Competition Period, fail to arrive, are illegible, do not arrive and/or for any other reason are not received by the deadline.
- No responsibility can be accepted by Ochre/ETV for the cost and/or charges incurred in respect of any entries.
- Ochre/ETV shall not be liable for any reason to any person who may enter the Competition and each person enters at their own risk and cost.
- By participating in the Competition and submitting an entry, you acknowledge and agree that your entry and/or video or post may be shared by ETV/Scandal on social media. The sharing of a video online by ETV/Ochre, does not signify that a participant has won the Competition.
Selection and contacting of the winner:
- At the end of the Competition Period, Ochre/ETV will select one winner which will be its discretion, and that decision will be final. The winner will be contacted on social media directly via direct messages and will be asked to provide contact details, including full name, address, email and contact number. The winner will be called via telephone to verify these details.
- The winner will be announced on or before the 21st of January 2021 at 14:00 CAT.
Acceptance of Prize:
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, you hereby agree to be filmed in order to fulfil the Prize and if selected as the winner, you hereby agree to sign a release form and shall grant to Ochre/ETV the right to film, tape, sound record and/or photograph you in connection with the fulfilment of the Prize. By entering this Competition, you acknowledge and agree that Ochre/ETV shall own all rights and title in and to all such films, tapes, recordings and/or photographs and shall have the right to distribute all such materials (in whole or in part) worldwide, in perpetuity, via any and all media. Ochre/ETV shall have the right to use and authorise others to use the entrant’s name, likeness and any biographical facts which may have been provided by the entrant to Promoter in any and all media. Entrants acknowledge and agree that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as the winner of the Prize.
- The Promoter and its affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be sold, deferred or exchanged for cash.
- If the winner declines the Prize, or cannot be contacted within 48 hours, or is disqualified for any other reason, Ochre/ETV shall select a new winner.
- By using a third party social media platform (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc) in the Competition entry process, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the third party platform and should note that any use of profanity, vulgar language, sexist, political, defamatory or raciallymotivated content or any other form of discrimination, will be removed from the social media platformand the entrant will be automatically disqualified.
- Where for any reason beyond the reasonable control of Ochre/ETV the Competition cannot be carried out and/or completed as planned and/or advertised. Then Ochre/ETV reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time and in such event shall not be liable to any person for any reason who may have entered the Competition.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. By entering this Competition, you consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Courts of South Africa (Gauteng Local Division, Johannesburg), in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection withthe Competition or these terms and conditions
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these terms and conditions and shallnot affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- It is not intended that any provision of these terms and conditions contravenes anyprovision of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008, and therefore all provisions of theserules must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with.
- All entrants hereby consent to Ochre/ETV processing their personal information for the purpose of this Competition. The personal information which is submitted for the Competition will be securely held by Ochre/ETV. This information will only be shared with third parties involved with the Competition for the administration of the Competition and/or the supply and delivery of the Prize. The personal information of any entrant will only be held for 24 months (2 years) from date of competition entry and will then be destroyed and/or deleted. Should an entrant wish to have their personal information amended or deleted they should contact Ochre/ETV.