Work for us
Open News - Cape Town
Reporting to the Managing Director: Open News. Your Key Performance Areas include:
• Maintaining a well-rounded knowledge base of current affairs and international news by digesting news regularly.
• Researching and introducing new expert voices on the channel.
• Providing detailed research with a minimum of five suggested questions for anchors.
• Selecting relevant and appropriate guests for particular topics / issues.
• Liaising with visitors and other stakeholders via telephone and email correspondence by using excellent telephone and written etiquette.
• Maintain relationships both internal to the business as well as fostering networks.
• Welcoming and receiving guests by ensuring receipt is prompt and professional at all times.
• Understanding of newsroom operating systems to continuously update the database
• Broadening contact base by developing networks with key stakeholders in the industry.
Planning and coordinating
• Writing a comprehensive introduction to topics and discussions.
• Conducting pre-interviews to determine suitability of guests and their point of view.
• Presenting information packs to anchors.
• A relevant qualification in Journalism or Media Studies
• A minimum of 3 years relevant experience
Competency, Skills and Knowledge:
• Problem solving skills
• Planning skills
• Organising skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Coping under pressure
• Conflict handling skills
• Computer literacy: MSO Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
If you meet the minimum requirements, we look forward to hearing from you. Kindly submit the following to [email protected]
• Your CV
• A certified copy of your ID
• A certified copy of your Qualifications
• Completed Application Form
If you have not received a response within 14 days after the closing date of the advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
CLOSING DATE: 02 AUG 2018