Serial killer on the loose?
Four dead women – all curled up. Is there a serial killer roaming the streets of Newtown?
This week on Scandal! Sasha finds a connection between a dead woman she discovered and an unsolved case about another woman who was killed three years ago. She meets with an informant, Graham Wilson, who confirms her suspicion that there might be a serial killer. Graham, the widowed husband of the serial killer’s alleged first victim, also tells Sasha about two other women who were killed in the same way making the body count four. Sasha goes to Eddie with the new information; however he doesn’t want to run the story citing lack of evidence as the reason.
Can Graham be trusted? Is there a serial killer on the loose?
Interesting facts about serial killers:
1. America has the largest number of reported cases of serial killers in the world most of which were found in the western part of the US, mainly in California and Washington.
2. Most serial killers were abused psychologically, physically or sexually during their childhood. Often it was a combination of the three abuses. They have felt humiliated and helpless all their lives and they often want to inflict the same feelings on their victims.
3. Many serial killers are attracted to law enforcement and consider it to be a fantasy occupation. They study police work, crime scenes and in some cases have befriended police officers.
4. Serial killers thrive on dominating, manipulating and controlling their victims.
5. Criminal psychologists have three major warning signs for the root causes of a serial killer. Dubbed the “psychological triad”, these signs are bed-wetting, fire starting and animal torture.
6. Although female serial killers are rare, Hungarian Countess Elizabeth Báthory is the most prolific female serial killer of all time. After her husband died, she and four accomplices tortured and killed hundreds of girls and young women during the 1600s. She was only convicted for 80 murders.
7. Oftentimes the women who are murdered by serial killers in South Africa were lured to secluded spots because the perpetrator had promised them jobs.
We leave you with a quote from one of America’s notorious serial killers, Ted Bundy. Bundy killed 30 people in seven states between 1974 and 1978. He beheaded his victims and kept some of their heads in his home as souvenirs. Shudder!
“We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. And there will be more of your children dead tomorrow.” Ted Bundy
Catch Scandal! next week at 7:30pm to follow the serial killer story.Print